Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm ba-ack!

After closing for the season,* Lesczynski's Lounge is back in business. And not a moment too soon, as we kick off another campaign season. Last night, I accepted the Libertarian Party's endorsement as its candidate for Assembly District 64 -- i.e., I'm running against Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver!

As far as I know, this is going to be a two-man race. I have been informed by reliable sources that the Republicans will not be fielding a candidate against old Shelly. To paraphrase John Lennon, Sheldon Silver is more popular than Jesus, at least on the Lower East Side (which isn't that hard, considering the large Jewish population).

Anyway, I'm going to have some fun with this race (I always do) and at least offer a choice to those voters who may not be entirely satisfied with the status quo in NYS politics. I also hope to update this blog frequently with mostly political and occasionally non-political items of interest.

* One of my favorite old jokes:

Did you hear about the Polack who froze to death at the drive-in?

He went to see "CLOSED FOR THE SEASON."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home